Old 04-03-2016, 04:21 PM
K-Roll

Default The 4 Ps: Practice Pup Portrait Potholder

I should change my screen name to Practice Pup. How can something that seems so easy cause me so much trouble? Have a lot of practicing to do.
Why did I think trimming off the corners at a 45-degree angles would be easier to bind than the perfect square corners I had? I then wound up with 8 corners instead of 4!
I'm good at making my own bias binding but I cut to 2" instead of 2 1/2".
I didn't look up how the loop would come about until after I sewed it in ahead of the binding: mistake!
The points on my star are way off too, I wanted an 8-pointer I think this is Lemoyne Star but I didn't research how to do exact points and so...oh well.

YET- very happy with the most important part - the pup portrait...which I tried to paper piece (I don't know how to do that either lol) and decided to hand piece after the pp'g went awry. So here I'm presenting our Larry, in fabric. I got the idea from seeing the 'Doggone Cute' quilt pattern and re-designing the face so it would resemble Larry. Someday, soon I hope, I will start a real quilt, when I have skill.
Attached Thumbnails larry-potholder.jpg   wonky-lemoyne-star-potholder-back.jpg   larry-potholder-larry-pic.jpg