Old 04-04-2016, 09:07 AM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Originally Posted by Amanda_Strand View Post
When test driving them did you notice much of a difference in the function and preformance of the machine/frame between the two brands? What were some of the additional costs with Gammill? HMQS is a month away and im excited haha but it helps so much to hear from owners too before I go
I loved the Gammill. It was all the extra costs and the salesman himself that put me off. Shipping, delivery and set up was a huge expense that I didn't have with HQ. Plus the salesman told me I would have to take a 2 day class(at my own expense clear across the state) before they would even set up my machine. That and the fact that 3 times I asked him straight up for a final price, how much is this going to cost me? and 3 times he kept giving me the salesman fast talk without telling me what I wanted to know. I was put off and walked away. It's Gammills loss because I had cash and was ready to spend it. I told him that but I guess he didn't believe me.
My second choice behind Gammill was Handi Quilter. I found a great dealer here close to home. No shipping, delivery or set up fees, no extra costs for training and I'm happy with my choice, no regrets.

Cari