Old 04-04-2016, 06:17 PM
quiltingshorttimer

i agree with Feline Fanatic that once set up, you won't be having to have face-to-face with your dealer all that often (or ever?). I have a Gammill, bought used after a guild friend died and her family decided to sell. When I was shopping, had wanted a Gammill but the price was higher than I was prepared to spend, so was looking at others. Innova and then APQS were my next choices. I have had it for 3.5 years and during that time have made tech calls on several occasions and had great response. I know that Gammill uses a system of dealers and then also reps--reps don't have stores but work with dealers as more an area rep. Mine also does "housecalls" and have my first in 3.5 years (just for a maintenance call) next week. Definitely take a maintenance course--long arm machines do require you to feel comfortable with routine maintenance and tension issues. Things I really love about my Gammill are the channel locks and the M (big) bobbins--whatever brand you purchase. Great idea about going to show to check it out and talk with dealers--and do ask if there is a closer rep to you.