Old 04-05-2016, 05:13 AM
sval

I'll weigh in on the HQ16. Perhaps it's just this machine but I've had nothing but trouble. I bought it used on CL. I'll admit to not knowing a thing about them when I purchased. The price was right so I jumped at the chance to have one.
It runs rough and clankety. And I just had it serviced at the dealer who sent it to Utah to the factory because she said she couldn't get the timing right. As I'm quilting it feels like it's dragging and pulling. Perhaps I don't have the muscles necessary to keep it going where I want. But I've seen videos where they say to relax and not have a death grip on it. Mine would be veering all over the place if I didn't hang on tight. I've invested in new tracks for the table and the carriage.
This is the lower end model with no bells and whistles. Maybe you get what you pay for. I had hoped to be able to get an affordable machine to do donation work.
I am so unhappy with this HQ16 if it wasn't so heavy it would be out the window.
I'm not sure if it is just a lemon. But do plenty of research before you buy.
And as far as the local dealer goes, which is partly why I got it, she is so pushy it is a huge turnoff.
SVAL