Old 04-05-2016, 05:26 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sval View Post
I'll weigh in on the HQ16. Perhaps it's just this machine but I've had nothing but trouble. I bought it used on CL. I'll admit to not knowing a thing about them when I purchased. The price was right so I jumped at the chance to have one.
It runs rough and clankety. And I just had it serviced at the dealer who sent it to Utah to the factory because she said she couldn't get the timing right. As I'm quilting it feels like it's dragging and pulling. Perhaps I don't have the muscles necessary to keep it going where I want. But I've seen videos where they say to relax and not have a death grip on it. Mine would be veering all over the place if I didn't hang on tight. I've invested in new tracks for the table and the carriage.
This is the lower end model with no bells and whistles. Maybe you get what you pay for. I had hoped to be able to get an affordable machine to do donation work.
I am so unhappy with this HQ16 if it wasn't so heavy it would be out the window.
I'm not sure if it is just a lemon. But do plenty of research before you buy.
And as far as the local dealer goes, which is partly why I got it, she is so pushy it is a huge turnoff.
SVAL
I remember when you first posted when you got this machine. Didn't it fall off the rack when the seller was packaging it up for you? The dragging and pulling and feeling like you need to man-handle it have nothing to do with the machine. That sounds like your rack is out of square and not perfectly level. It would probably be a good investment for you to pay the local dealer to make a housecall and inspect the rack and make sure it is square and perfectly level.
I can move my Innova with one hand with only two fingers and my thumb holding the handle and my machine head weighs 23 pounds more than a sweet 16. Your rack is definitely not set up square and level.