Old 04-10-2016, 07:15 AM
Mary Ellen Lowry

Angry So frustrated with my Bernina 830! Looking for recommendations for replacement

I purchased a Bernina 830 about 3 years ago with some inheritance $$$ from my mother, who instilled my love for sewing. I have been sooo disappointed! Due to my schedule since her death, I have had more limited sewing time (used to sew everyday for stress relief). EVERY TIME I sit down to do anything on this machine it takes me 1-3 hrs to get it to sew correctly and it seems to be that it just has to decide for itself when it is ready to work because what I do to fix it one day does not work the next. Yesterday I spent all day trying to get it to work and it never did. I have had it to the shop several times and it always sews fine there, but I get it home and it is a completely different story. I have tried different thread, needles, stabilizers, everything with no luck. I am DONE with this machine! I need a machine that I can sit down and sew or embroider that works when I sit down. This Bernina has made me dread sewing....something that I NEVER thought possible! Please give me some recommendations for sewing/embroidery machines. I want a larger throat and something that will accommodate a larger embroidery hoop. Thanks so much!