Old 04-10-2016, 09:17 AM
Dolphyngyrl

I love my brother Dreamweaver XE VM6200D. It has 11.25 inch harp, wonderful lighting, an awesome dual feed foot with so many available attachments. I just got the 1/4 inch piecing attachment and quilt guidebar attachment, there is also a SITD, couching and open toe foot for this dual feed can do 10 layers of denim , no hump jumper need perfect tension and stitching even when piecing I love love this foot. It is huge but it is detachable. sew straight laser can be used for a few different techniques. The penpal is used for stopping at precise locations for stitching, adjust sew straight laser position, needle position, stitch width, what doesn't it do. It also adjust positioning for embroidery hooping straight and adjustment for turning. the embroidery foot comes whith a led droplight for easy positioning of start point. Nice features include speed adjutment, needle down, lock stitch, pivoting feature, AHA for perfect stitch tension, knee lift, FMQ beautiful, large user friendly screen with tutorials built into machine. Option to add multifunction foot pedal(worth the investment) and optional upgrade to 8x12 hoop since 7x12 hoop size comes on the machine. I used all features right out of box. Manual is super thorough. This machine has been an absolute dream to use. A few things I did not like about the machine. They only provide you with 2 hoops when most other machines came with 4, wide table not included when machine is made for quilting. the free arm is a little thick okay for bags but not sleeves. This feature I mention next cannot be remedied that the machines is a beast weighs well over 50lb, lots of metal so delusions of it being a great class travel machine are out the door. I feel like I get a hernia everytime I have to move it. It is compatible with the new dream fabric frame which is an awesome frame except for the fact of previous statement of this thing being huge and heavy. Despite the lack of hoops and huge size. I think this is a great machine for quilters and sewers. I have sewn minky, fleece, modal jersey cotton, vinyl, denim flannel all with easy this machines does anything I ask of it. My favorite features are the dual feed foot AKA Muvit foot, the penpal attachment, the pivoting feature, the foot pedal and how it FMQ with foot and straightline quilts with the muvit foot. I do not regret my purchase. This was my first ever embroidery machine and embroidery placement has been super easy the machine screen is user friendly. This brand is by far the most user friendly of any brand with the exception of babylock since their TOL machines are made by brother and have twin versions to every brother line. The twin to my machine will be the Babylock Unity. 2 differences between the companies are the embroidery designs built in will be different, and brother has the my custom stitch feature, all of the utility and decorative stitches are exactly the same, the screens will look different since they install their own software but it is similar style. The outer casing will also look different since they only purchase the insides

Last edited by Dolphyngyrl; 04-10-2016 at 09:21 AM.