View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 01:09 PM
borntoquilt

I too am in a slump right now or I should say I WAS until yesterday when I was mindlessly surfing the internet looking for SOMETHING.... I happened on to a website called quiltpatternmagazine.com They are a group (any body can join no $$$) that makes Kennel Quilts for small cat/dog carriers. What REALLY caught my eye was a free pattern for an ORPHAN BLOCK quilts. I am sure that almost ALL of have a few ORPHANS in a drawer somewhere, right?? Very quick, easy and simple. Most of my orphans were already 12 1/2 x 12 1/2 square so all I had to do was add a border or 2, sew it "BIRTHING" style (no binding) close it up and voila ! A 12 x 18 finished Kennel Quilt is born... I have made 8 yesterday and today.... There is a list so that you can find a shelter near you to donate to (I would call them first to make sure they are in NEED!) or they list several shelters that have contacted the them because they are in great need of quilts due to flooding and puppies being rescued from unhealthy places. I don't know if this is allowed here on QB but I hope this type of information is. No matter WHAT organization people donate to, any quilts are always appreciated. so "quilt on" all my QB friends.... and Bless you all for being so generous with your time and talents.....