View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 09:05 AM
Janice McC

I agree about it making us better. Each boom I join I find at least two fabrics I struggle with. This time it was QM's and Kassaundra's. Nothing at all wrong with them, just not fabrics I'd chose so that makes me stretch. I held them to the end because I kept hoping I'd be inspired. That inspiration never really came on those two but I fought the urge just to make an easy block and call it a day. I don't know if I succeeded with those blocks (not looking for confirmation or consolation) but I gave it the best I had for those fabrics. Even so, I'm fighting the urge to change one of them even now but that's a slippery slope!
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I agree also I have become a much better quilter by using fabrics I would probably not choose and by trying to see someone elses vision and doing my best to follow their requests. I have ventured into new quilting territory that I may never have found with out the swap and it has made me appreciate things like using whites, and understand more about color placement. I don't have it down (obviously you have seen my blocks) but it is better how scary is that thought?