View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 05:56 PM
Billi

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
I laid out the orange block along with the Carpenters Star ...Im still thinking..It needs some sashing...the middle is equal to 2 blocks sewn together but I want it a little bigger.. I dont like this part of the process. I have more of the orange in the star but I think that would be too much orange. I have enough of my orange to make four or more blocks if i need to. My orange has blue, yellow, rust, green black in it or a grey would be soft too...I think Ill think on it some more!

Love your baby quilt Jaba!! Cant wait to see the Flintstones one!

Very pretty love the center medallion. What if you bordered the medallion with a 6" border all the way around that will make it equal to 6 blocks sewn together. Then surround it with blocks and another 6" border that give you a 72" square but only takes 16 blocks. you could manipulate the final border to make it not square but a rectangle by making the side borders 3 or 4 inches and the top and bottom 6 still. a

As far as color you are on your own I go straight to white. if you decide on white I would appliqué or embroider some flowers or something on the final border.