View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 09:37 AM
Friday1961

Originally Posted by Jennifer23 View Post
You've gotten tonnes of good advice so far, but I figured I would chime in, too.

if you don't have a floating option on your machine. Since you say you're experiencing jerkiness, I strongly suggest investigating this option.
By this (floating option) do you mean presser foot control or dial? I do have that but have not messed with it. I've watched Leah Day's video several times but just cannot bring myself to break the foot that came with the machine. If I get a duplicate, then I may try it. She seems also to say, though, that if you can adjust the presser foot "pressure" you may not need to do this. But since I'm still getting to know the Brother machine (not nearly as comfortable with it as my old and familiar Singer(s)) and am inexperienced at FMQ, I realize I may not know what I don't know! If that makes sense. I haven't had time yet to tinker with the presser foot setting; family matters have interrupted my FMQ "study" but will when I can get back to it.

Again, all the suggestions and encouragement is so helpful. Everyone needs a pep squad and you guys are a great one!