View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 07:01 AM
csknott

Ialso have this iron and it is for sure a great little iron.
I keep it by my dsm and that works out for me. The only complaint I've had so far is the handle tends to get a little too warm if left on for a long stretch of sewing.
And the cost to me through Walmart.Com was really a good price.
Originally Posted by danydany View Post
Greetings.
I have a Sunbeam travel iron. It's the "Sunbeam Hot-2-Trot 800 Watt Compact Non-Stick Soleplate Travel Iron, GCSBTR-100-000". I've had it for a couple of years. On Amazon, it's currently about $12.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0057UMYAW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_img

I like it a lot. It gets hot, and gets hot fast. It's an 800 watt iron. (The Steamfast SF-717 Home-and-Away Mini Steam Iron mentioned by an earlier poster is only 400 Watts.)

I have never used the Sunbeam with steam, so I can't comment on that feature. Also, I have never used it overseas (220-240V), so I can't comment on that, either. The cord is nice and long. I'm a lefty but the side the cord comes out on is not a problem for me. The iron fits nicely in my hand.

The only downside of this iron for me is I use it at my sewing machine for pressing when I quilt/piece, and sometimes the seam allowance or end points of my project get "snagged" by the steam holes in the sole plate, and I get some puckers in my fabric. It's not a big deal to re-press, but can be annoying.

I keep this little iron set up next to my sewing machine, where it's a little workhorse with a small footprint. I recommend it.
...dany