View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 04:54 PM
Bree123

For fabrics, I consider "juvenile" anything that would fit a nursery or toddler's room. I agree with the others about soccer typically being a "novelty" print, but honestly it really just depends. USA Soccer would definitely be novelty. A cartoon panda bear kicking a soccer ball would fit, imho, in the juvenile section.

I have one of those LQS owners by me, too. The crazy thing is there are 4 other LQS'es within driving distance so I'm really not sure why the owner seems so determined to be rude to customers. I've gone in there a few times wanting to buy a whole bunch of fabric & left buying little to nothing because of how unpleasant my shopping experience was. She reminds me every time I stop in that in her opinion I should just give away my work to customers because "no one should ever charge people to make a quilt". And then on top of it all, they routinely spread misinformation. The last time I was in there only because it was right next to a friend's house. I wanted to buy muslin fabric & she tells me that only people who don't care about what their quilts look like use muslin (ummm????) and then suggests linen -- which I wasn't keen to agree to, so she tells me that linen is no different than cotton because they both come from the cotton plant. I checked to make sure it wasn't one of those linen-look cotton prints; it wasn't. It said right on the bolt 100% linen. How on earth does a quilt shop owner not know that linen comes from flax, not from cotton & they have very different properties?!!! I tried to explain to her that it wasn't the case, but she just got louder & more insistent. And then she was rude to my 70-year old mother who knows nothing about sewing & was just stopping in with me on our way to lunch -- so that was the final straw. I haven't been back there since!