Thread: pot luck ideas
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 08:22 AM
borntoquilt

Here is the recipe for the Fruit Soup I mentioned in an earlier post. Hope you enjoy ! You can use any fruit you want in any amount but for some reason the BANANA in a MUST.... enjoy! And let me know how you liked it!

Fruit Soup:
1 pint fresh strawberries OR 1 (16oz) frozen strawberries, thawed and mashed)
1 cup water
2 TBLS white sugar
2 TBLS quick cooking tapioca
1 small can frozen orange juice concentrate (add water if soup is too thick!)
1 banana, sliced
1 apple, chopped, seeded, cored
2 cups chopped fresh or canned fruit (drain syrup) of your choice. I always use more than it calls for.

Soak tapioca and sugar in water about 5 minutes: then cook 2 minutes. Cool !
Add orange juice concentrate to tapioca base. Mix well!

Add strawberries, banana, apple, and the rest of the fruit.
Add lemon juice: mix well and CHILL...

Serve in individual glass bowls topped with a scoop of cottage cheese and a tray of stone ground sesame crackers (or YOUR choice). You could also serve in large chilled glass bowl and let guests serve themselves. Have cottage cheese in a side dish, add as desired.

I have made this with just about any fruit you can think of and tastes great every time. (Remember the banana mentioned above) This freezes well. Maybe freeze in individual sizes to use for a FAST smoothie ??? or just a quick dessert when company shows up....

***I just Googled "Summer Fruit Soup Recipe". Taste of Home has a fairly similar recipe and I think I like their directions a little better. *** ENJOY ! Borntoquilt !! (Kennie)