Thread: Tin Lizzie 18
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 08:31 AM
margecam52

I have a TL18LS & it's a 2009 model...Lizzie is a workhorse! You do have to learn to use them...there are a lot of things to remember, and it's the same with all Longarm machines. This is NOT a low quality machine...they don't have all the bell and whistles the Gammills, APQS, etc. have...but that means less to mess with.

I do most of my own troubleshooting/maintenance & have only had a few issues. The encoder cables (which is the main cable between the encoders and machine) went out...ordered new...no issues since. If you fail to keep the encoders & sensors clean...you can get skipped stitches, or the machine will sew really fast...not hard to do.

TL18 company has come a long way in the customer service area...and if you register the machine with them (you can do this at any time if you have an older machine)..they keep a record of what issues you have.

They took away several dealers who were not helping customers...and they now have learning centers, etc.

I am not affiliated with the company in any way..just love my machine.

Originally Posted by mamajack3 View Post
Yes it is new. Supposedly they found a few in the warehouse. I can't afford a really good long arm. I just don't want to get into a big headache. Thanks!