View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 12:39 PM
rryder

I finally got my art studio organized. I was able to set up the closet with two of my 3 drawer storage units--that gave me more floor space for walking around. I also raised up my drawing table so it is the same height as the table that I use for cutting when I'm squaring off quilts.

For my birthday last Saturday DH and I went to Lowes and bought 2 of those 4' x 8' insulation boards and a roll of duct tape. I already had a 20 yard roll of black poly felt (I thought I was ordering 2 yards when I bought it last fall) so I used that to cover the insulation. I now have a design wall that measures 8' x 8' and is covered in black poly felt. It is rigid enough to lean against the wardrobe, desk and chest of drawers that line one wall of the guest bedroom, and it folds in half in case I need to move it when we have guests.

What a difference it makes. My old design wall was made using batting over top of one of those 3 piece folding screens. It worked okay, but you couldn't pin into it and it wasn't nearly big enough.

My new design wall currently has a completed queen sized quilt top pinned to it while I contemplate backing choices and a number of other blocks from a couple of other things I'm working on!

Rob