View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 12:25 PM
slbram17

Default Very last trip to Hancocks

One remaining store and it will close in four days. Decided to go one last time. Very very little left, I did look for quilting cottons but there were none to be had. Some university logo cottons (maybe cotton). I did pick up some betweens needle, size 10, to use with my applique. Tiny little pins with tiny holes, but I was able to use size 50 ootton thread with them. They were forty cents for the package of Dritz Gold Eye betweens, size 10.

Also picked up some snaps and snap sets. I like to use them when I make fabric purses, and I always waste a few since I am not that good.
Other than that, picked up some nylon cord that looks very similar to what we have used to re string our blinds (the strings have broken occasionally.) One of the staff thought there was 800 yards or so in the bolt.

One of the staff said she was offered a part time job in a newly opened quilt shop, so that was good to hear. The other staffer (young) had not found another job.

So sad for employees and for customers. The opinion of the lady who has found the job was the bankruptcy was nto from lack of customers, but poor management practices.

Gonna miss this store.