View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 05:53 PM
slbram17

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
When the mother died the father turned it over to the kids and they ended up in court. The judge ordered it into bankruptcy to satisfy the debts.

I went a total of four times during the sales of the two stores in my area. I bought everything from a new clip on Ott light to a free-standing hemmer, a few rulers, lots of thread, zippers, cording trims and tons patterns and booklets. The enormous amount fabric yardage I got was mostly cotton but some duck cloth, woolen blends, seersucker and some ultra- suede.

Hancock's was my favorite store and I just hated to see them go. I do have other places to shop for this type of sewing needs, but, to me they were the best and least expensive. I am sure the venders, shopkeepers and customers will all miss them being in business.
Hancocks was my go to store for heavier weight fabrics at reasonable prices, especially spot the bolt. I have only gone during this liquidation a few times because the liquidators prices were higher than what I could have gotten the material for at Hancocks sales.

Yes a lot of people are going through Hancocks withdrawal.