View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 05:30 PM
Helen6869

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Usually a queen size with nice design edge to edge, good quality 80/20 batting, choice of thread color, cost me about $170, quilt squared and trimmed. I like edge to edge because there are no thread ends to mess with. There are some LA here that charge about $65. They use low quality batting, white or cream colored thread on the biggests spool they can buy, only loop and swirls edge to edge pattern and their stitches aren't balanced. What is so funny every time they mess up on the quilting, they blame the machine, like it wasn't their fault at all.
They didn't offer to square and trim mine. Wish they did that too. I really don't have a large enough space to be sure it's nice and square. Just do the best I can with a large square and some yardsticks. That's the part I hate....finishing everything up. I don't even like doing the binding. But alas, I do like them finished!! So i can give them away. I own one quilt that I have made in the last ten years....always a gift for someone I love! That's what it's all about for me! Love sewn into every stitch! Thanks for everyone who responded.