View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 10:06 AM
Daylesewblessed

Our church frequently sends mission teams to a village in Uganda, and they often bring back cotton fabric for my church sewing partner and me. The designs are always very unique like the fabric you got. The quality varies greatly on the fabric we have received. Some of it is colorfast, but a lot of it is not. Some of it has a very scratchy hand, but a most is ok. I have made potholders from the scratchy pieces. We have also made a full quilt, pillowcases, and bed runners from the soft pieces. Our mission team has an annual fundraiser, and the items we have quilted and sewn are auctioned off along with the handmade items they bring back from the village craftswomen.

We ALWAYS pre-wash.

Did yours come with a label? Some of the fabric we have gotten has had a sticky (hard to remove the residue) label from a company in China. It does not say that the fabric was made in China, but that the company from China distributed it. Who knows?

Enjoy your gift. I hope you can find an idea for a project that will give your husband memories of the trip.

Last edited by Daylesewblessed; 08-09-2016 at 10:09 AM.