Old 09-09-2016, 06:36 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

Just to change things up a bit and upon looking at the new "sewing machine carrier" closer, it's a "yarn tote" . So I put all my extra yarn in the tote. Then was able to put some extra yarn for crewel projects and darning. I stuffed different needles in the sides. This put a big dent in my space to breathe.
Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
While going through my "stuff" I found a couple other hobbies/crafts from the past; embroidery, crewel work and of course a few other sewing projects like some darning work. Last time I was in Michaels they had the scrapbook project boxes on sale for $3.99. I also saw at "Tuesday Morning" they had an inexpensive sewing machine carrier for $29.99. If I ever join a guild or go to a group sewing, I can put my irons and few other items in that carrier. My 6' table is still up so I put the project boxes on top and put a temp/sticky note label on each one for embroidery, etc. I just started sorting into the individual boxes. I have to tell you I got a lot done in 1 1/2 hours. Those boxes are 3" deep and really hold a lot. Hubby got me a couple battery operated led lights so I put one in each box. If I want to trace anything I can go to either box pull a pic or photo and begin tracing. These are all clear containers with lock snap closures and handles. Point is I got a lot sorted out. Also with each project I've put the different needles and hoops that are required for the different crafts into "dollar discount" zippered pencil bags. Patterns fit into the bottom and even a couple magazines into a manila envelope.