View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 08:12 AM
kacie

Originally Posted by Pagzz View Post
I like the concept of leaders and enders. I have had most success with using part of my current project (as described above) or just two inch scrap squares. I don't invest time in designing the leader and ender project. I cut 2 inch squares from fabric scraps as they accumulate then I pile them by the sewing machine and I now have a little over 100 nine patches that I will eventually make into a quilt. Otherwise these bits would be in a pile of scraps. It is mindless sewing.[ATTACH=CONFIG]558401[/ATTACH]
I do kind of the same thing, but not necessarily with light and dark. After I finish piecing a top, I cut 2.5" squares out of the scraps and arrange them into 9-patches, none being the same. I pin the block pieces together and put them into a plastic bin. When I need a leader, everything is waiting for me. I have a few hundred blocks now that are waiting to be grouped into batik, boy, girl, and hodgepodge tops. I'd start now, but I'm always afraid that the best blocks haven't been made yet so I put it off until they appear.