View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 11:06 AM
retired2pa

I'm also machine shopping. My 70th birthday (YIKES!!) is coming up and I wanted to buy myself a special gift.

I love Brother and Babylock machines and have had several over the years. I've also had a Janome 6600 that I just couldn't bond with...and, yes, it was noisy, so I sold it within 8 months after purchasing it.

I've been "researching" different machines that I THINK I might be interested in and the one at the top of the list is the Crescendo. I don't care to do embroidery any more so a nice quilting machine is what I'm looking for.

My nearest dealer (of any kind!) is 100 miles away one-way so I've been emailing the Babylock/Brother dealer to make sure they have machines in the showroom for me to try out when I go in. Currently, they don't have a Crescendo and would have to order one. They told me to call them and we can talk about price and different machines.

In your experience, do you think I should hold out a couple months for Christmas sales, end of year models (?), etc. ?

It's hard to buy a machine nowadays. So many choices and features and prices to consider! It's like buying a car...haha...and almost as expensive