Old 09-30-2016, 12:24 AM
quiltingcandy

We save boxes for shipping - not too many, just the ones we know we are going to use. I keep the Amazon boxes at least 30 days in case I am going to send the item back, same with the QVC boxes. We do save boxes for Christmas gifts and then on New Years eve or day, the extras go in the recycle bin. We recycle the plastic boxes and grocery bags. I used to save them but when I was cleaning out my parents' house and I found huge bags of bags and those plastic boxes that come home from the grocery store there must have been well over 100. I understood finding the plastic bags, they were so wonderful after having paper bags it was special to get the plastic - and then it became a habit to save them. My dad even saved the extra napkins he got in restaurants - used them in his painting, he put them in coffee cans to lift out one at a time instead of paper towels. We have a cupboard where we keep a few plastic containers to send home left overs. But once that is full - they go in the recycle bin. The plastic bags get taken back to the grocery store once a month. I try to use the reusable bags but they fill them too full and it is difficult for me to carry. And sometimes I forget to take them in to the store.