View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 03:22 PM
Clay

This thread, (conversation) makes me laugh. My wife quilts and I do research on the quilting. I'm not actually sewing much, but I know more about thread, needles, fabric, machines than any other guy that I know personally. I'm into the specs on the machines and how they work. I don't think that I will actually piece quilts. I did just order EQ 7 and enjoy the design phase of the quilt work. Almost every quilt my wife makes she get my opinion on color selection and pattern since she usually uses a pattern as more of a suggestion than something written in stone.

We just bought a 18'' midarm and she keeps pushing for me to do the artsy stuff on her finished work.

Someone earlier in this thread was spot on when they said that it is more about how much you want to be together and how much you enjoy each others company. I feel blessed that my wife enjoys sharing a trout stream with me in a pair of wadders with flies that we both tie. Those moments are just magic. We spent a ton of time together outdoors. If she could try my hobbies, I certainly can try hers. I think that the biggest thing is that we have fun together.

Oh, one more thing, she doesn't do chat rooms for whatever reason. I've been on different forums for different hobbies for a long, long time. I always found that if you want to get better at something, to hang around people that were better than you. This board has been pretty open to a guy posting and asking questions. So thanks for that. By the way the wife and I are having a blast together still. If your husband wants to play your games, let him. You will usually have someone to go to the quilt shows with.