View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 06:43 AM
lvmybskt

Default Moving to the Charlotte area

Originally Posted by Sharonquilts View Post
I am new to quilting and new to this board and live about 30 miles North of Charlotte, NC. I recently retired and my new hobby is quilting for local charities. I made a small baby quilt last year on my old machine and decided quickly I needed to upgrade ... I felt like I was wrestling with the machine through the project.

I recently purchased a new machine (Juki F600) and have completed a lap quilt and am working on a second lap quilt now. (The machine made a huge difference and I was quickly addicted. Ha.) These will be donated to a local nursing home I've been in contact with. My goal is to make at least 2 or 3 lap or wheelchair quilts a month (although my Summer time may not allow that due to other commitments).

I look forward to learning a lot here.

Sharon
Hi Sharon
My husband and I are getting ready to relocate to the Charlotte area. Do you have any suggestions on which areas are the best. We are empty nesters and would like to be close to activities to do. I have a Bernina 790 and am still learning how to use it. I want to be near quilt stores so I can support my habit! lol. Thanks for any info you might have.
Jan