Old 10-07-2016, 05:12 AM
Carol in WI

Originally Posted by Daylesewblessed View Post
Carol,

Your quilt is fantastic! I bet you had the same experience that I did in that working with the letters of each name was heartwarming as thoughts went to that person.

Your idea of passing the quilt around amongst the family will allow each family to treasure it for a while - wonderful!.

Mom's quilt was hanging in the lobby of her senior apartment complex for about a month. Now she has it back. Her brother and some other relatives are visiting from out of state this weekend, and they will enjoy seeing it.

With Mom we gave her a crossword puzzle on paper with clues before she saw the quilt. She was able to work it and was very surprised when the puzzle was then given to her in the form of the quilt. My sisters have used the puzzle with their grown kids, and I think they learned more about the family from it.

I like what you did with your extra letters!
Thank you for the kind words and for posting yours which gave us the idea. And now the crossword puzzle may be our idea for the contest. God bless you!!! You are right about the thoughts and prayers that were spoken for each one as I sewed it together. ~ Carol