View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 11:19 AM
Clay

Originally Posted by Jo Anne B. View Post
While visiting the AQS show in DSM I took a look at the new Juki 2200 Show price was $999, the Juki 2010 is no longer made. Juki 2200 is on my wish list! Straight stitch only machine.
At the Madison Quilt Expo the TL2200QVP standup was $7995 and the sit down was much less. We bought the sit down for $4495. The sit down has no stitch regulator and comes with a table; we did not buy any of the table extensions. It's just how my wife is use to free motion with her Brother machine but with an 18" harp space and a 10" tall throat. I just finished doing some free motion on it myself. Sweet!

Sorry to get this off topic, but I think that the original op on this thread was talking about machines in the sub $1500 street price category. So to tie this back into the original question: after you decide on which machine, a quilt show can be a great place to buy. Even though you are buying at a show, try to find someone that is within driving range to repair it and not three states away. With a longarm or midarm machine you want someone who can come to the house to fix it since it probably isn't going in the trunk to drive to the shop.

Last edited by Clay; 10-08-2016 at 11:23 AM.