View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 07:32 PM
ania755

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
When I bought my Viking sewing/embroidery machine it was truly an impulse buy. I bought it from a dealer, it was the floor model, so the price was very good. They did teach me to use the basic machine, how to down load the CD's onto my computer, then onto the thumb drive. But it wasn't until I bought the more advanced embroidery program for Viking/Husqvarna did I really start to enjoy my machine. A good friend of mine is fearless when it comes to sewing and crafting, so the two of us spent hours practicing and playing with the machine. We had so much fun - and frustration - she ended up buying her own machine ( a Brother PE770 so we could access Disney designs). My family said listening to us in the sewing room was hilarious. It's been a couple years and I still enjoy watching the it sew.
For all of you that are nervous about using the embroidery machines I wish i could come to your house and help. I am fairly good at reading the manuals now - but it can be so much fun just trying new things and when it is successful sharing in the fun. Mastering a machine can be so much fun.

I have found the importance of using the right stabilizer and the right fabric with the right design. I was trying to sew a design on a baby's onsie and it was driving me crazy, so after checking on the various websites, discovered the adhesive stabilizer which kept the fabric from stretching. A lot is trial and error - kind of like learning to do FMQ.
Hi quiltcandy
And I though that I am the only crazy fanatic when it comes to mastering machines.....LOL
I am so happy you posted .... you had encouraged me to continue searching.....
I wonder how to split the designs on my Janome350e and not sure if its even possible.....because of the hoops involved in this process....
I wonder if to get the Giga Mega hoop...some people states its a waste of money and other seems to be happy with it.....and so on and so on.....there is always something more we can learn....(I am also learning new stuff on my embrilliance .....I was so very intimidated at first.....now, I love it...and it can split designs easily....
When you master something it gives you so much more freedom.....
I also know the Hugsvania are great machines (no dealer around me at all)...and I did meet someone that had bough the Brother PE770 and kept it on a shelf for few years...till I almost forced her to start using it...... she is a seam master and first thing she did on it was her business labels..... LOL.......
......never give up...
Happy quilting and embroidery.......