Old 10-13-2016, 05:55 AM
Champagnolle

I got a Maytag a few years ago when the government was offering rebates for energy saving models. I hate it. I end up using more water than when I could select the water level. Left on its own, it doesn't put enough water in to wet the clothes. I wash nearly everything on the "comforter" setting just so it will add enough water. Since I live alone, I have to wait a week or two to get full loads. I used to be able to wash partial loads with a lower water setting.
I read that the energy saver refrigerators don't keep food as cold as most people want, but I haven't had any experience with that. My Maytag side-by-side refrigerator's ice maker dispenser quit working. Also it would sometimes not cool food and other times freeze food in the refrigerator section. I replaced it with two standard size refrigerators. I have more cubic feet of storage now. If one goes out, I won't be stuck without a refrigerator.
My Kenmore stainless topped gas range became a rusted mess. Then I had to use a lighter to light the top burners. The oven smelled like a gas leak when I turned it on. I replaced it with a GE. My main complaint with it is that it won't simmer. All the burners cook too hot.