Old 11-05-2016, 07:42 PM
Bree123

Originally Posted by Janan
Bree, I have some Tide Free. I have a front loading washing machine. It would be ok to wash the quilt in the machine on the gentle cycle?
I haven't ever done so myself, but we have many members who have. The downside of the fast tumbling action should be roughly offset by the upsides of no agitation & less detergent. Just go with whatever is the lowest, slowest wash cycle your machine has. I'd recommend adding a Color Catcher due to the vintage embroidery. Sometimes that can bleed in the wash (regardless of machine type). The only thing I'm not sure about is how much it will crinkle. It's the wetting/de-wetting process that causes the cotton fibers to crinkle and I haven't studied how much water is required to achieve that look. I know some members have written that their HE machine has a Soaking cycle so if it doesn't crinkle the first time through the wash/dry, you could either try that or simply soaking for 30 minutes in the bathtub in cold water, roll out as much water as possible & then dry as usual.