View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 11:13 AM
Peckish

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
I think there's a work surface under all my stuff
I resemble this remark.

My sewing table is a simple, homemade creation that was given to me by a fellow quilter because she moved and it didn't fit in her new home.

Her husband took a 4'x8' sheet of plywood, built a simple frame of 2x4s attached underneath it, screwed some 4x4 posts in the corners as legs, and attached casters. There's a shelf underneath the table where I store fabric. He installed a light table by cutting a hole in the top and installing a small fluorescent light, and then attaching a piece of plastic on top. The plastic is the same stuff that covers fluorescent fixtures in kitchens and offices. The table is lower than a standard table, which makes the bed and extension table at the perfect height. There are 2 power strips attached so I can plug in my sewing machine, laptop, lights, and iron. This thing is large, moveable, and very, very sturdy. It's very basic, you don't need special skills to build it. If you know someone who can use a hammer and saw, and you're interested, I can post pictures and details.