Thread: stand mixer
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 10:38 PM
Feather3

Originally Posted by needles3thread
Is there a stand mixer that equals Kitchenaid? I'm looking for same quality for less dollars.
How about Hamilton Beach? Anyone have one? Do you know of a extra good price for Kitchenaid
somewhere?
I bought my Kitchenaid mixer in 1980. It was the only model they had back then, now called "Classic, tilt head". Mine is Harvest Gold. The only color options then were white, black, Harvest Gold. It was the display model. Back then it cost me $400.00. It came with 3 attachments....paddle, whisk, dough hook. I bought the splash guard. I did wedding cakes, so it got a major work out. The motor went under warranty. I sent it back & they put in a new motor. I use it a lot & it's still going like new. Only thing I have replaced since I bought it were the rubber feet. I never bought all the fancy attachments like the grinder, pasta maker, etc. Last year I bought the newer paddle with the bowl scraper. They may be expensive but they are well worth it. Keep checking for sales. Khols, Bed/Bath/Beyond/etc. Many stores are doing sales right now.