Old 12-02-2016, 10:49 AM
Sewnoma

I get a little jaded feeling sometimes, but it's always a temporary thing and I can usually point to something else in my life that's causing that feeling, almost always it's work. Sewing is my de-stresser, but if I'm TOO overworked I just can't get into it, especially on week days.

Quilt shows ALWAYS revitalize and inspire me, doesn't matter if it's my beloved PIQF with quilts from all over the world, or my equally-beloved local guild show with quilts made by local quilters - I find them all to be equally inspiring and refreshing and I can't wait to dig back into my stash when I get home.

I DON'T miss feeling like I'm ruining fabric, I don't miss worrying that I don't know what I'm doing. Now I KNOW I don't know what I'm doing sometimes, and that I'm ruining fabric sometimes, but I've totally stopped worrying about it. I think I enjoy my quilting more now, because I'm more relaxed about it and errors don't seem quite as big of a deal as they used to. I now know that I can fix it, replace it, or consider it a challenge to be worked around. It really is just fabric, and if Bob Ross can have happy accidents in his paintings then I can have happy accidents in my quilts!

Plus, there are always a huge list of skills that I haven't yet mastered (or even tried yet), so I'm still a "newbie" on some level, and I always will be because I will always be trying new things!