Thread: Tying a quilt
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 10:02 PM
sherian

Originally Posted by mamagrande View Post
I have one that is about 30 years old, has been washed and dried many, many times, is faded but it is still together. I like to use a high loft batting on tied comforters because they are so fluffy. I use Aunt Martha crochet thread for tying.
Originally Posted by Patches1900 View Post
I still like to tie a quilt occasionally - an excuse to use a medium or high loft batt which makes them so cozy and to use up some embroidery floss I have collected. Lots of older quilts were tied with yarn. If you have a computerized machine you can tie with a single decorative stitch - that is fun, too! The curved doll needles make tying easier on the hands than a regular straight large eyed needle.
[QUOTE=sherian;7713775]I tie most of my quilts and lap robes. I put cotton on one side and flannel. On the other side. Mostly themed fabric that the person I am giving it to favorite thing. I give these away to friends with cancer, children with cancer. Also to newborns and some nursing homes. My grandchildren love them they call them warm and cool. One says summer and winter. They wash and dry wonderful. They last year's and take a hard time. Also add a bag to match for trips to chemo.