View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 01:41 PM
tranum

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
Mine has nothing do to with quilting or sewing. I live in an old house that my ex really messed up when he was "improving" it, I need to have the funds to get it fixed before I lose it to rot, etc. I want things around my house to just work the way they should. I don't have one room that doesn't need help, rather its electrical or wood rotting, etc. I did finally get my son to put in a new toilet this week, which is great and will save me money, the other one leaked, couldn't keep clean because it was so old. Its crazy that a small thing like a new toilet can make someone so happy. I have machines, sewing, emb, cutting etc to do my hobbies but its the thing that would have the biggest impact on my life that needs the most help. I could use some extra time or energy before Christmas to make the gifts that I want to make for my grandbabies and kids, that would be nice. after my house is done then I'd love the Brother Dream machine, I love the fact that you can scan a pic in and then digitize it out, without any additional software. That's a way in the future dream and by then there will probably be another great machine to take its place.
Mom (in her 80's) needed a new toilet, but just never got around to it, so that's what I gave her for Christmas one year. She told everyone she saw just how nice it was, since it was a high rise! Another year we found out how she struggled getting the back door unlocked, so had lever style put on to make life easier. Were we thinking out of the box? I guess so.