View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 01:06 PM
CookyIN

Thank you to grammyj, my Secret Santa – you really outdid yourself! My main gift is a really nifty Moda portable sewing caddy that stands up on its own. The back side has a big open pocket for holding a project or pattern. The front side has a pin cushion, elastic bands to hold scissors and such, a zippered pocket and open pockets. I had never seen this before and will use it forever!

Sewing gifts were batik FQs and 30s print wide strips, a beautiful homemade hot pad (love it!), perle cotton embroidery thread, a small cutting ruler (so smart!), a magnetic needle nest, beautiful pins with leaf-style heads (I’ve been wanting these for a long time), a handy light that velcroes to your finger to light close-up work (will sure come in handy for threading my needles), two patterns, beads, ribbons, and buttons galore, a vintage needle packet, a lovely stiletto and scissor fob set (also something that’s been on my wish list for a long time), and vintage buttons on cards.

Fun extras are a soup cookbook (timely as I’ve been wanting to expand my soup options this winter), coffee, candies, butter cookies, and nail polish and file. I love everything, but have to give special mention to the cookies. Growing up, my dad would always bring home a big tin of these Danish butter cookies. I’ve been so tempted by them this year, but knew I didn’t need a big tin of them. This small tin is the perfect size – and they taste even better than I remember!

Thanks again, Janice – you’ve made my Christmas extra special this year!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]563495[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails ss2016.jpg