View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 05:13 AM
judy363905

Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
Yikes! Two things. First of all, I misspoke. I didn't use Insulbrite, afterall. I used "Insul-Fleece, metalized mylar insulated interfacing." Byt I'm assuming they're pretty similar products. (?) The Insul-Fleece package shows it being used for lunch bags (to keep things cold) as well as potholders. The package describes it as easy to sew through - and it was! $5.95 per package (27" X 45"). Secondly, I think it's been 1 1/2 years since I made my potholders so I may be wrong, but I think I sewed the Insul-Fleece with the silvery side down and the cotton side up (both layers the same way). Two layers of the Insul-Fleece, then the bottom of the potholder was one solid piece of cotton fabric, then the top was a pieced top (Ohio star, for one of my potholders). I then did a binding with a loop on one corner (all of this was kind of a pain). I used brightly colored "new" fabric (Tula Pink, Kaffe Fasset etc.). They are fun and I've enjoyed using them. Post pics if you can!
Thank you Cindy, I am printing your information and keeping it with my Insul-Brite (this is what I have on hand) so I will have information handy for next potholder making.

Judy in Phx, AZ