Old 12-29-2016, 10:06 AM
littlebitoheaven

Default Dolls from 1950s and 60s refurbished and gifted

My sister who is 89, recently gave me her 3 daughter's dolls. She has no granddaughters so she wanted me to give them to my granddaughters.

I went on line and followed directions to refurbish them. The one on the far right is a "Revlon Doll". She has her original dress, slip, mesh slip and panties. I just bought new high heals on Ebay. The doll sitting next to her in pink is a Horsman Doll. I'm guessing from that same time period although they have been making dolls since the late 1800s. The next 2 dolls, one in red and one in purple, have no markings but look like they may be "knock offs" of Tiny Tears as they have holes in their mouths and bottoms. All 3 of these dolls have clothes on that I made. None had original clothes.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the perm rods heated and out of their hair until Christmas Eve morning and then did not take photos. My son did get a photo of the girls with their respective dolls. This is true except for my 3-year old great granddaughter. She is getting the doll in pink but is too young to understand that she cannot play with it.

As you can see, all the dolls (except Revlon) have headbands on. I did this to keep their hair on their heads. I combed out the hair with a long needle, strand by strand. The dark-haired doll in red's hair kept falling off in patches. I sewed those hairs back on to a mesh cloth and glued the cloth to the existing cloth. Therefore, the headbands, which were not popular in the 50s or 60s.

First photo is the dolls. Second is of the girls and my daughter with their dolls. BTW, I did give the 3-year old a baby doll from the Pottery Barn, which she loved so no tears over not getting a doll.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]564572[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]564573[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dolls-done.jpg   dolls.jpg