View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 09:12 AM
CanoePam

People vary about what they will accept in their own work. Some are definitely perfectionists and some aren't (I am in the latter category). I look at the first quilt I did, and I just smile. The seams aren't straight, there are a couple of points cut off, and it is very pinky/girly (something I am NOT). However it is now with the baby daughter of one of my son's friends, and they love it. It is used all the time, and it holds up to washing well. I told them to just wear it out because it wasn't very good, they laughed, and they do. Note that I didn't give myself permission to gift that first quilt for at least 8 years, but I realized life is too short for obsessions LOL!

These days I am more careful with cutting and piecing because it makes the assembly job much easier. I give myself a lot of leeway on the quilting because the unevenness of the stitch length isn't really noticeable after washing anyway. My stitches are getting much better just because of practice, and the last quilt I made went together without a single issue. I was never interested in competition quilting, which is a good thing since mine will never get admitted! I do enjoy quilting though.

Pam

ETA link to the little quilt I talked about. Done and loved is better than perfect.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t261656.html

Last edited by CanoePam; 01-05-2017 at 09:15 AM.