View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 05:47 AM
Wrylymax

When I go to quilt shows and see the exquisite quilts that require amazing detail I'm in awe. But I do find myself more drawn to the quilts that I feel I would actually enjoy making myself. When I was working, quilting was my stress relief and it was so much more rewarding to make a quilt that didn't require too much fussing. Every now and then I'll make something that requires more precision as a challenge but my quilts are meant to be used for whatever reason.

In the paper yesterday there was an advice column from someone who had made a quilt, gifted it to a relative, then was upset that she saw her relative laying on the couch covered by the quilt and her dog was laying next to her on the quilt. She considered the dog on this quilt as disrespectful and vowed to never give them another one. I just laughed because I hope that's how my quilts WILL be used.

Maybe this is a quilting personality thing. Isn't Jenny Doan so popular because she makes quilting fun and accessible to whoever wants to try one? Don't worry about the mistakes since most non-quilters wouldn't notice anyway.