Old 01-07-2017, 08:27 PM
nightquilter

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
Went to get some scraps to do some random cutting with my new Accuquilt. I discovered that I really like the fabrics and don't want to cut them up without a plan to use them since I don't have much of the fabrics left. Sigh
I was so leery about cutting my scraps, I almost made myself sick. Now isn't that silly. I saw this quilt pattern that used darks and whites, no bright or medium colors.( A lot of these scraps are from when I made my girls dresses when they were little.)So I bit the bullet and started cutting. Now I thought I DON'T DO SCRAPPY. Let me tell you that is the prettiest quilt, my girls have set and found fabric from dresses when they were little and loved this quilt. So now I have another scrappy cut and ready to sew. This time it is all bright scraps and I even broke down and cut the last scrap from a dress my youngest was in love with. So now I will have a memory quilt for both my girls .So, maybe it will be easier on you if you first have a quilt in mind when you want to do your random cutting, but that would not be random cutting then would it. Sorry I'm not much help.