View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 04:52 AM
Gerbie

My DH wanted to give me an embroidery machine for Christmas. He did a lot of research on the internet and I did some. I have a Bernina 930 and two FW's for my regular sewing. I posted a thread on this board asking for insight from all of the knowledgeable folks here and many gave me lots of information and suggestions- most suggesting that I get the machine with the largest hoop possible, Many suggesting the Brother PE770. I thought I wanted the Brother Innov-Is NQ1400E- went to the nearest dealer to check them out- 100miles away. The lady was very knowledgeable and kindly spent a great deal of time providing information and demonstrating this model. The cost was quit expensive more than $2000.00 and the longer we were there in the quilt shop, the or nervous I became, which is highly unusual for me. I just could not bring myself to committing to this machine. We went to lunch an I just cold not go back and get this machine so I told DH, I wasn't getting the machine. When we came home, the next day he printed out the info. on the Brother PE770 with the grand slam pkg. 64 spools of thread, 140 pre wound bobbins and also the Elipse pkg. that is available for this machine with 4 more hoops and lots of extra things. The total price was $948.00, free shipping and no tax, which was a lot less than the other machine with many any more things included than the high priced machine. My new toy arrived day before yesterday. I haven' t started playing with it yet because I am still reading the instructions but hope to this week end, since I have never owned an emb machine but I'm really anxious t get started. If you want more info on this one- where I ordered it- pm me and I will let you know, because I'm no sure giving the name of the place we purchased it from is allowed on this board- it is a reputable business, but I might be advertising. Thanks to all who gave me help on my purchase.