Old 02-16-2017, 09:08 PM
RotaryQueen

I only just heard of Singer 1200. I have yet to find a 201 in this area for less than $75, and almost all are over $100. So I expect it will be a long time before I see a 1200 around here, but that just gives me an excuse to keep trolling the internet ;-)

I googled the Juki models mentioned and they appear to be "modern" machines. I have no interest in plastic/computer based machines, and not just because the price is over my head. I deeply regret sending my all metal vintage White machine to Goodwill a few years ago during a necessary downsizing. I reluctantly reassured myself that I could get the same service from a smaller, lighter Brother CS 6000i. It sews, well, ok...but it has no class, no personality. I have been compulsively rescuing vintage machines lately to atone for my error.

So far, it appears that the Berninas and the Singer 1200 are the only vintage models that have the presser foot knee lifter. Interesting! I am expecting never to find either in my severely constricted price range, but stranger things have happened! Thanks for the responses.