Old 02-16-2017, 10:28 PM
Vicki1212

Default Best Advice.....Don't SUI! (Sew Under the Influence)

Okay, in my defence, it was an extremely hot day! We are smack bang in the middle of summer here in Kwazulu Natal, South Africa. The temperature yesterday was 33C (91.4F) with humidity of 85%. The air is hardly breathable! So when I arrived home from work tired and overheated, I opened my fridge and spied a frosty can of vodka cooler. I cuddled it all the way to my sewing room where I planned to finish sewing the backing of my current quilt project. The vodka cooler was deliciously sweet and cool and the sewing went really well.......until I spread my work out on my dining room table to admire. I had sewn the short, incomplete pieced strip to my backing fabric instead of the longer, completed pieced strip. Just reach for the seam ripper? Well....with my brain somewhat duller than normal I had already trimmed off the extra piece of backing fabric! So, solution.......wait till morning so that 'fogginess' disipates, seperate the pieced strip from backing fabric, match pattern on backing fabric and the piece that I cut off and stitch back together then re-sew the proper pieced strip to the backing fabric........Without Any Alcoholic Refreshments! Take it from me, SUI is not advised!

Excuse the terrible mobile phone pics!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]568469[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]568470[/ATTACH]
The top pieced strip is the one that was supposed to be sewn to the backing. See how much longer it is...oh dear
Attached Thumbnails 2017-02-17-07.33.26.jpg   2017-02-17-07.30.42.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-17-2017 at 03:55 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS