View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 09:39 AM
Kit Kat

Don't know if you got my reply. Not used to navigating this site yet. Thanks for your reply. Yes, your right, he didn't rip me off. I didn't know what was a fair offer, and assumed the machine was in better condition than it was. thought he'd at least service the inside of machine and that the electrical was safe and properly done. It was not. Motor was ready to burn out, light has cut in cord and bare wire showing where motor mount was against it. No doubt to keep cord away from belt. Anyway, wasn't up to snuff and got carried away, cause machine was the one I had been looking for and I though the guy was being honest with me when he said I could convert it to a hand crank if I wanted, but that the electrical was perfect and I might want to leave it that way. Good job my husband and I checked it over when I got it home. My husbands an Electrician and Electric Motor Repairman. He and another guy own their own business. Couldn't tell decals were that worn and machine had all those chips in the paint because it was so dirty looking. However, most decals are still there. Chrome parts are clean and some shined up real well. I have a hand crank on it now. In fact had just gotten crank that day, and went into guys shop to get a mounting screw for it, as it had none with it. Anyway, I have my Singer 128 Long bobbin and I love using it. They are so easy to use. No fuss not muss. It's cleaned and serviced now.

Kit Kat