View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 01:03 PM
Kit Kat

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming. I really look forward to getting to know you all and for sharing all the great information you have. Thanks Cari for the boost of confidence and for making me feel I'm not alone and for the congrats on getting the machine working so great. It did feel like an accomplishment and made it all worth while. I will treasure this machine, as much as the others. Another one that didn't end up in the landfill. Yes, I was very lucky to get that 99K for free. The cabinet isn't the best cosmetically but it's solid and holds the machine fine. the veneers had started to peel on the sides and the top looks as though someone tried to strip it at some point along the edges, or it's just from exposure, but the rest of the top is good. Same as the machine. Chipped up a bit, but decals are all fine on it and japaned finish is OK except for chipped areas. It's serial # is for 1957, the year of my birth. I agree, I will be more cautious and slow down if there is a next time. This one took me off guard and I was so surprised he had that machine and I made assumptions I shouldn't have. It's been a pleasure chatting with you and Hi there back from upstate South Carolina, and thanks for the welcome from Oregon High Desert. glad to know you love old machines too!

Take Care All
Kit Kat