View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 04:49 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by jem39 View Post
That's my understanding also. You can use Disney designs until the cows come home for your personal use, give as gifts, but you CANNOT sell any. And I believe Ibroidery is Brother's designs site. Seems to me if you can buy Disney designs from them, you can stitch them out no matter what machine you have. My machine came with them, but have no grandchildren so never use them. The few times I have used them, I stopped the stitching before it stitched out the word Disney.
This is true. The thing is that there are stores that represent Brother and those stores are allowed to sell the designs. I know they are legal because when they have the events and the Brother representative is there they are selling them and nothing is said. Brother has lots of ways for you to buy their stuff and to learn on their machines. Just like if their is an event and a Brother ambassador is teaching, she can only teach on Brother machines. We had this happen last year when the Brother sergers were messing up the ambassador couldn't go into the room with the Babylock sergers and teach us. Even though she uses both machines in her office. When you buy designs from a rep they don't ask what machine you have when you want to buy a design. I wasn't asked what machine I have when I went to iBroidery either. I have a great machine that will emb any design but I bought a Brother that is made for Disney designs so that I don't have to worry. Now the designs that come on the machines, those you can't copy off of the machine, it won't let you. You can't even transfer them to another Disney machine. I have tons of grandkids and great grandkids so I wanted to be able to do my Disney. I won a stand alone machine and traded it in for one that did Disney even though my Viking can do any design. I did that so I don't have to worry about it.