Thread: Quilt Shows
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 02:05 PM
peaceandjoy

I have been spoiled by the Genesee Valley Quilt Show in Rochester every June. Hundreds of quilts, and LOTS of vendors. I also enjoy smaller shows put on by guilds, and if they are within a couple of hours' drive will go.

Went to the Philadelphia show a couple of years ago with friends, we were all terribly disappointed in how few quilts were shown. There were lots of good vendors, though.

A couple of weeks ago, I went on a bus trip hosted by NY Quilter's Consortium to the show in Toronto. Yikes! Every quilt and vendor could easily be seen in a half a day. We left Friday AM, had the afternoon @ the show, overnight, then another half day at the show. When loading the bus for the 2nd day, it was decided that we would leave the show at 2:30 rather than 4 PM as originally planned as everyone felt that we had already seen what there was to see.

That said - it is always fun to spend time with friends seeing quilts and what is for sale, some new and unique, some not.

I agree with Onebyone - if you are going to go, enjoy and let others enjoy, don't complain and gripe about everything!

An 8 day trip via bus? Not sure I could handle that... A couple of friends and I have tossed about the idea of going to Paducah, but would almost certainly fly, so it would be pricey. I just retired (literally, left work for the last time this afternoon!) but DH has not retired and has no desire to do so. If it fits in my budget, I'll go.