View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Fabric Galore

Luv2sew2011 I can really sympathize with you. We had a yellow lab that was 17 1/2 years old put down last fall and it was like losing a beloved member of our family (which she was.) I would love to start working on the new blocks but right now my sewing room is full of potted plants, lawn chairs, etc. that we brought inside. Irma is suppose to hit us early Sunday morning. Thank God, my DGS, came early this morning and boarded up all of our windows and braced our double garage door. My husband and I are both too old to do all of that work in 1 morning. It was truly a blessing. As long as we have power I may try to iron the fabric and get it cut out. My DGD lives near Fresno, CA and the smoke from the wild fires is so bad that the entire family has bronchitis from the smoke and they try to stay inside as much as possible. There are flash flood warnings in so many areas and tornadoes. Some of my family left S. FL and went to northern FL and western GA but I've always felt safer in my own home than out on the road or in a hotel. You don't know where this storm is going to go and you may escape one hazard only to find yourself in the middle of another. Keep safe everyone.